Minutes of the meeting of the Board of Directors of the Raymond Irrigation District held Wednesday October 25, 2017 commencing at 9:00 AM in the RID Board Room.
Attending: John McKee Chairman, Craig Palmer vice Chair, Rod Wendorff Director, Gordon ZoBell, General Manager and recording clerk, Mark Jensen Operations Manager. Kelvin Kado as needed.
The Agenda for the, October 20, 2017 meeting was approved on motion by Craig Palmer and carried.
The Minutes of the, September 20, 2017 board meeting were approved on motion by Rod Wendorff and carried.
The Minutes of the special meetings held October 3rd and 12th were approved on motion by Craig Palmer and carried.
- IRP Project Update given by Mark Jensen
IRP 2321 W#5 phase #5 – Gordon noted that Meyer has paid the district $90,000
which is being held in trust. These funds will be used to cover costs of the subline
that will be installed prior to next season to N1/2-NE-4-7-21-W4.
IRP 2334 Stirling #16 – The project will begin within 1 week.
- Maintenance report – Mark showed the board a slide presentation of work completed under the district’s IRP and maintenance program over the past month.
- Irrican Power –.
- RID financial – (report from Kelvin Kado) –
- Expansion Plebiscite in the RID – The plebiscite will not proceed until 2019 sometime.
- New Irrigation acre applications – The board reviewed all applications for a final time. Special board meetings held October 3rd and 12th , were held to review and consider all applications. On motion by John McKee the final approval of all applications was approved by the board and the motion was carried. An appendix (spread sheet) to these minutes show the outcome of each of the individual applications. This is the document approved by this motion. There was 4745 acres applied for with 1595 new irrigation acres receiving approval. That brought the RID assessment roll to a total of 46,500 permanent irrigation acres. The new irrigation acre capital asset fee is $1500.00 per acre payable over 5 years at $300.00 per acre per year with no interest charged.
- Directors items – John McKee noted that he would like farm safety added to the agenda of the RID seminar to be held in March of 2018.
- Household purposes agreement (HPA) – Shane and Cassandra Ainscough, box 3804 Stirling AB T0K 2E0 Plan 1710924 Blk 2 Lot 5 Linc 0037 554 715 NW-26-6-19-W4 – Approved by the board on motion by John McKee and carried.
- Household purposes agreement (HPA) – Peter and Katharina Neufeld Bpx 124 Raymond AB T0K 2S0 Plan 0813686 blk 150 Lot 4 – Approved by the board on motion by John McKee and carried.
- AIPA – Potash registration – update and meeting review – Gordon noted that he had attended a meeting held October 23, 2017 at the AIPA board room in Lethbridge. Dave Stepnisky from Alberta Environment and Barry Olsen from Alberta Agriculture reported at that meeting. It was noted that registration for the use of Potash as a pesticide will take 16 months once the application is submitted. The submission should be ready by early 2018. There has been significant research completed on the liquefied product within the SMRID and EID to date. The product will assist with control of Invasive Mussels.
- Irrigation Secretariat – Provincial Grant Funding for IRP – since 1969 – The RID board reviewed this information as reported.
It was noted that the IRP funding formula was recently reviewed by Irrigation
Council and it was determined by them to leave the formula unchanged going
- Next meeting date – Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at the RID board room.
- Motion to adjourn and time meeting ended. – There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 2:00 PM on motion by Craig Palmer.