Minutes of the meeting of the Board of Directors of the Raymond Irrigation District held Wednesday September 20, 2017 commencing at 9:00 AM in the RID Board Room.
Attending: John McKee Chairman, Craig Palmer vice Chair, Rod Wendorff Director, Gordon ZoBell, General Manager and recording clerk, Mark Jensen Operations Manager. Kelvin Kado as needed.
The Agenda for the, September 20, 2017 meeting was approved on motion by Craig Palmer and carried.
The Minutes of the, August 16, 2017 board meeting were approved on motion by Craig Palmer and carried.
- IRP Project Update given by Mark Jensen
IRP 2321 W#5 phase #5 – Gordon noted that the Meyer subline easement has been
approved by the landowner who owns the land it will cross. The project will proceed
once an easement is signed and the highway crossing is approved.
Growing Forward 2 grant – The final draft is complete. The progress certificate will
be prepared by end of October 2017.
IRP 2334 Stirling #16 – Earl and Mike Maynes have approved a relocation of their
individual pump sites. Final design will be completed soon, as well as the final
- Maintenance report – Mark showed the board a slide presentation of work completed under the district’s IRP and maintenance program over the past month.
- Irrican Power –. Income to July 2017 has been better on comparison for that same period 2016. July production was a little higher prices. Also the advantage to higher production is the amount for Environmental RECS for the 3 plants would be higher. We would also get better income from FORTIS “M” for the Drop 4/5/6 production. Copy of our comparison sheet is attached for your reference. We will be preparing for some computer updating this year (Gordon/John?) Funds for this updating will come from rainy day funds at Credit Union Magrath. With October 31 year end coming soon I will be working with Joyce to get books ready for the auditors.
- RID financial – (report from Kelvin Kado) – Funds are starting to trickle in. There should be a big increase in payments made between now and October 31, taking advantage of the discount. Copy of the assessment was given to the board for their reference, it is a changing document, but will give you a general idea of the irrigators and their contact information.
- Expansion Plebiscite in the RID – Gordon has been in close contact with Jollin Charest and Jennifer Nitschelm. The modeling will proceed soon but the process of the modeling will take some time. The plebiscite will not proceed until 2019 sometime.
- Stirling Solar project – Gordon noted that he had signed an agreement with solar crafte that included all RID concerns as outlined.
- Directors Items – It was noted that there is a retirement party for Ron McMullin October 12 from 4 to 6 PM at the Lethbridge Lodge Anton’s Ballroom.
- Growing Forward 2 – Gordon noted that he had sent a letter to Irrigation Council explaining the districts use of the past grants and urging council to push for a continuance of the program in a similar fashion.
- Lethbridge parade – RID truck was entered, with TID and SMRID logo also attached. It was well received.
- Household purposes agreement (HPA) – John F Gedrasik Box 201 Stirling, Plan 4347Y Block B 32-6-19-W4 – Approved on motion by John McKee and carried.
- HPA – Hardie, Teresa and Ronald Entz box 3812 Stirling, Plan 0711718 Block 3 Lot 3 Linc 0024 880 924 – – Approved on motion by John McKee and carried.
- New Irrigation acre applications – The manager showed the board a GIS overlay map showing the locations of the acres that have been applied for. He noted that just over 4500 acres of applications were received. The board reviewed the applications. Darin Wilde of Wilde Brothers Engineering will need to assist with determining the district’s ability to supply to some areas where acres have been applied for. Once this information is completed the board would like to have a special meeting where only the applications are discussed. The manager noted that the information should be available by early October.