August 16, 2017 RID board minute highlights

Minutes of the meeting of the Board of Directors of the Raymond Irrigation District held Wednesday August 16, 2017 commencing at 9:00 AM in the RID Board Room.

 

Attending: John McKee Chairman, Craig Palmer vice Chair, Rod Wendorff Director, Gordon ZoBell, General Manager and recording clerk, Mark Jensen Operations Manager. Kelvin Kado as needed.

 

The Agenda for the, August 16, 2017 meeting was approved on motion by Craig Palmer and carried.

 

The Minutes of the, July 20, 2017 board meeting were approved on motion by Rod Wendorff and carried.

 

BUISNESS ARISING

 

  1. IRP Project Update given by Mark Jensen

 

IRP 2321 W#5 phase #5 – The Meyer subline might be completed this fall if

easements can be procured from adjacent landowners. This line is not being funded

under IRP.

 

Growing Forward 2 grant – The final draft will be complete prior to September 30,

2017.

 

IRP 2334 Stirling #16 – There is some final design concerns with the turn outs just

north of highway 52. Gordon< Mark and Darin Wilde are working toward a solution.

 

  1. Maintenance report – Mark showed the board a slide presentation of work completed under the district’s IRP and maintenance program over the past month

 

  1. Irrican Power –. Steady flow of the canal has given good production for this past month, but this is another poor income year. Irrican has been given approval from ACFA to use the reserve fund at RBC Dominion Securities to make the final years (2018) loan payments. $3,400,000.00

 

  1. RID financial – (report from Kelvin Kado – Assessment is printed and list review is being done, as per usual and will be mailed out Thursday or Friday. Cash position is very tight due to the time of the year, income will start coming by the end of the month.

 

  1. Expansion Plebiscite in the RID – DDIT was updated August 11, 2017.

 

  1. Stirling Solar project – Gordon went over a proposed agreement that Solar Krafte would like the RID to sign. It outlines the concerns raised by the RID board in the July 2017 board meeting. Gordon will study the agreement further and communicate his opinion to the board via email. Upon agreement from the board Gordon will sign the document if it is found in order.

 

  1. Main Canal Advisory Committee – Re April 10 minutes and July 31 meeting – It was noted that the July 31 meeting was canceled and will now be held September 13, 2017 commencing at 9:30 AM in the SMRID board room.

 

NEW BUISNESS

 

  1. Directors Items – There were no director’s items.

 

  1. Dale Jorgenson – spray costs to RID R/W – Gordon noted that Dale had presented a bill for $449.70 to the RID for costs incurred by him from the County of Warner for the service of spraying noxious weeds along the channel of the canal in 32-5-20-W4. The board declined paying the bill, noting that Dale pays a little less than $4.00 per acre for 84 acres of pasture. The good management of the pasture including weed control is part of the lease arrangement and therefore the bill belongs to Mr. Jorgenson.
  2. Alberta Irrigation report – Gordon reviewed this valuable report with the board. Access to the report can be gained online and information of where to find it will be sent to the board.

 

  1. Next meeting date – Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at the RID board room.

 

  1. Motion to adjourn and time meeting ended. – There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 11:30 noon on motion by John McKee.

 

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.